From scratch, I developed a concept, did a competitive analysis, built a user flow, designed wireframes and developed a web prototype for this iPhone application designed to help cancer patients and caretakers. As of now, I have the Alpha version of the Web App up for testing and experimenting. You may visit the app with the last link below, and add it to your home screen on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
Using Drupal as a database platform, I set up the database including, pages, views, blocks and taxonomies. I also designed and implemented 2 Drupal themes; one for the desktop and one for mobile.
Along with dozens of other developers, designers, and content creators, I helped develop the 2012 Soul of Athens website for the Ohio U. School of Visual Communication. My responsibilities during the project were as follows: Lead User Experience Designer and web developer. The site is fully responsive along mobile, tablet and desktop platforms, and features a ton of innovative aspects like interactive transcripts and responsive infographics. The site was built using Twitter's bootstrap boilerplate. Below, along with a link to the site, is a PDF of deliverables ranging from user flows and content maps to wireframes and competitive reviews.
I designed this website in class for a local fine dining restaurant that unfortunately went out of business during the process of creating the site. The website is responsive on desktop, tablet (portrait and landscape) and mobile (portrait and landscape), so try it on all of them!
Only the 'Home' page and 'Contact & About' page are working due to time constraints of the class time.
With two other classmates, we researched several different mobile applications in a specific type of app. Our specific type was radio applications. For my part of the project, I researched the iHeartRadio and TuneIn Radio apps and reported my findings. As a group, we decided that the slacker radio application that on group member researched was the app that needed a redesign. Each member put together user flows and new wireframes for a redesigned version. Below is the presentation and revised user flows and wireframes in PDF format.
This class project involved an in depth look at a certain industry and a website that could improve from a complete redesign. Along with two other classmates, we chose National Football League teams and narrowed our scope to the San Diego Chargers web site. We started off with a complete written analysis, then conducted user testing experiments with surveys and card sorting activities. From there we developed a navigation system that would adhere to all types of users. Individually, we drew up site maps, wireframes, prototypes and a final design of four different pages.All photos, logos and some advertisements are property of The San Diego Chargers.
This website was designed and coded over the course of around 4 weeks. The band wanted a one-stop source for all news, media, social networking options and information. All media used in the website is property of me and Perkis band. The site has been taken down from its offical URL due to indefinite hiatus taken by the band. You can view a working version of it by following the link below.